Our school community serves the common good to the benefit of all;
where the rights and dignity of every human person are respected and
“Every Heart is Sacred”.
We support and encourage everyone to reach their full potential.
We are witnesses to God’s love through our actions;
inspiring hope, nurturing love and caring for our Common Home.
We serve each other peacefully, joyfully and truthfully
so that all
‘have life and have it to the full’.
Welcome to the Sacred Heart Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) page.
My name is Mr Wilson and I am the school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo). I have worked at Sacred Heart for 7 years and am also the school’s Deputy Headteacher. Prior to joining Sacred Heart, I was a Deputy Head at two other Manchester Catholic Primary Schools.
As SENCO I work closely with the Headteacher, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Parents and a vast array of other professionals to help ensure that the SEN (Special Education Needs) provision at Sacred Heart is the very best it can be. Some of my responsibilities include:
- the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- the coordination of specific provision made to support pupils with SEN, including those who have EHC (Education and Health Care) plans
- to provide professional guidance to colleagues
- to work closely with staff, parents and other agencies
- to use the provision in Manchester’s Local Offer to work with professionals providing SEN support to families
- to liaise with Early Years providers, other schools, educational psychologists, health and social care professionals, and independent or voluntary bodies
- being a key point of contact with external agencies, especially the local authority and its support services
- liaising with potential next providers of education to ensure a pupil and their parents are informed about options and a smooth transition is planned
- working with the headteacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010) with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
- advising on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet pupils’ needs effectively
In this section of the website you will also find details of:
- Manchester Local Offer – this details the support and advice offered by the Local Authority
- The School’s SEN Information Report – this details the way we implement our SEN policy
- SEN Policy – this details our approach to identifying SEN and the subsequent support and provision we provide to ensure all our pupils, including those with SEN achieve to their very best ability here at Sacred Heart
- Links to websites that can help you with your child’s Reading, Writing and Mathematics
If you have any questions whatsoever about your child and SEN Support/EHC Plans, please do not hesitate to call in and see me, or send me an email at: